Today’s post comes from Cynthia in Mahtowa
- I adopted a 7 year old female English Mastiff named Madame Hildegard Hanson aka “Hilde.”
- Madame Hildegard 1; red rooster 0. Bad dog!!!!]
- Exciting week for Madame Hildegard…sighted a deer, chased a rabbit and treed a bear. Oh, and nosed a human baby. The bear trumps all…
- (Naughty) Hildegard 1: (a second) Rooster 0. .
- Madame Hildegard continues to believe she is in charge of making sure we have chicken meat for meals. A hen this time. Currently in the crockpot.
- Madam Hildegard thought it would be great fun to chase the horses; Ising the Icelandic thought it was even more fun to chase Madame Hildegard. Game over, no one hurt…
- (Not so smart) Hildegard 0: Ising the Icelandic horse: 2 This time she showed Hilde her heels.
- Madame Hildegard was in the horse barn tonight and did NOT bark at the chickens roosting 12 feet above her. Good dog, Hilde.
- Madame Hildegard has traded her taste for chicken in favor of their eggs.
Hildegard at the lake
- Day 1: Followed me to the edge of the water and stopped in shock as her feet hit the water.
- Day 2: Followed me as deep as her belly, but when she lost her footing she tried swimming with just her front feet.
- Day 7: A week at the lake with friends, Hilde learned to swim, to jump off the dock into the water and fetch a stick.
- Hildegard fully integrated into farm family life.
What is your favorite pet tale?