Friday during Sherrilee’s “Destructo Kitty” post, I referenced one of those scroll-through-25-pictures articles, which wasn’t a very grown-up thing to do – who (besides a retired person) has time for that? The list (of truths to accept if you’re a real adult) was clearly compiled by a much younger person, but I did find some of the “truths” that resonated with me.
I also found one or two that made me snort tea. Here’s the link if you want to read the commentary, but the “truths” are listed below.
You’ll know you’re a real adult when you accept these 25 truths:
- Life’s tough. Get a helmet.
- If you want to play hard, you really do have to work hard.
- If you mess up, it’s your responsibility to fix it.
- Your driver’s license photo will never, ever be flattering.
- Sometimes you have to give people the benefit of the doubt.
- You have control over your life.
- Making compromises is a good thing. Compromising yourself is NOT.
- Success is just about perception.
- Some people are just big jerks.
- School doesn’t come close to teaching you everything you need to know.
- Love isn’t just a feeling, it’s a choice you make.
- You can’t help someone who doesn’t want to be helped.
- Money won’t solve your problems.
- You are not the center of the universe.
- Things are rarely as cool as they seem.
- You can’t make everybody happy.
- Sometimes you have to put yourself first.
- Jealousy is a huge waste of time.
- Change is good. Sometimes.
- You’re not getting any younger.
- Sometimes you just don’t have the answers.
- It’s never too late to change.
- Even if you have “more important” things to do, you NEED to get a good night’s sleep.
- You can’t have it all.
- The only time you should look back is to see just how far you’ve come.
Which one (or two, or more) of the above resonates with you?