Today’s post comes from Barbara in Robbinsdale.
I have recently joined the Board of Directors at Tapestry Folkdance Center. It is a three-year term, and I thought long and hard about this commitment that I have been avoiding for some time. With good reason – I am now on two committees, and feel like I must show up when there is, say, a seasonal Clean-up Day.
Some of our discussion topics seem very crucial (fund raising; how to get and retain new dancers), but then I looked at what was discussed at the G-20 Summit talks happened on November 15 and 16 in Antalya, Turkey. Here is one article providing a recap of all that was on the agenda:
- Bolstering counterterrorism efforts
- Responsible state behavior in cyberspace
- Achieving strong, sustainable, and balanced global economic growth
- Making global growth more inclusive
- Addressing the global refugee crisis
- Promoting high-standard trade and investment
- Strengthening the global financial system
- A modern, fair international tax system
- Fighting corruption and promoting transparency
- Supporting sustainable development
- Addressing climate change and boosting clean energy
I’m trying to imagine covering these topics in two days. They must have had a really strict time “moderator”.
And for a little comic relief, there was a cat invasion:
Where do you find comic relief during a long meeting?