- Ask boss for every day of the State Fair off. Check.
- Get tickets and coupon books (that’s right, two books). Check.
- Make grid of which kinds of dogs are at the Pet Pavilion on which days. Check.
- Add what days there are bunnies at the bunny barn to the grid. Check.
- Check where this year’s Park & Ride lots are situated. Check.
- Install the State Fair app on my phone. Check.
- Look at all this year’s new food with YA. Check.
- Extra points for writing some of the new foods on the grid. Check.
- Go over possible schedule with YA. Repeatedly. Check.
- Purchase some more individual wet wipes. Check.
- Dig the turtle purse out of the attic (it’s the perfect size for the Fair). Check.
- Start a “take with” pile (purse, sunglasses, wipes, tickets, coupons, address labels, couple of band aids, couple of ibuprofen, collapsible food container). Check.
- Watch the weather forecast like a hawk. Check.
- Do laundry so the clothes you like best are ready on Thursday. Check.
- Get gas for the car (probably not needed, but what the heck). Check.
Except for getting some cash on Thursday morning, I think I’m ready!
What’s the last occasion you “prepped” for?