Today’s post comes from Barbara in Robbindsale.
A couple of weeks ago in mid-August, I noticed something on our kitchen wall calendar penciled in on Wednesday morning, “SALT.” It is in my writing, and is apparently an acronym for something I wanted to attend. On checking further, it also appears in mid-September, mid-October, November, and December. I have been racking my brain, and I have NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS. I’ve hunted through the various little “rat-piles” that lie around the house for leaflets announcing various events. I’ve looked through old emails and through my list of “Favorites”. And I finally entered S.A.L.T. into my search engine to see if something rang a bell. Here’s most of what showed up:
- Speech Application Language Tags
- State and Local Taxation
- Strategic Arms Limitation(s) Talks/Treaty
- Short and Long Term
- spending a lot of time
- Serum Alanine Aminotransferase
- Salt and Light Television
- Southern African Large Telescope
- Supporting Arms Liaison Team
- Sloping Agricultural Land Technology
- Special Altimeter
- Society for Applied Learning Technology
- Subscriber Access Line Terminal
- Save A Life Today
- Skin-Associated Lymphoid Tissue
- Same As Last Time
- Seminars About Long-term Thinking
- Seminars About Long Term
- Society of American Law Teachers
- Sloping Agriculture Land Technology
- Student Action Leadership Team
- Scottish Association for Language Teaching
- Society for Accelerative Learning and Teaching
- Systematic Analysis of Language Transcripts
- Subscriber’s Apparatus Line Tester
Although some are interesting, none of these seems be what I was thinking of attending, but it’s kind of refreshing to know they exist.
I’m pretty sure it’s nothing urgent, or I would have remembered it!
What’s been the most crucial thing you completely forgot?