My stomach is just now starting to feel “normal” after four days at the Fair. I don’t go to the fair just to eat but I will say that a lot of eating gets done anyway.
YA and I always purchase two of the fair coupon books and we go through them carefully. This year YA put post-it stickers on the things she didn’t want to miss. And we both spent time on the fair website on the “New Fair Foods” page. YA takes this much more seriously than I do; on the last day we went together we had a map with all the places she wanted to make sure we got to marked in red!
Here are some of the things we consumed:
- Hawaiian Shave Ice (they took the competitor’s coupon!)
- French Toast Bites (with pop rocks – better than you’re thinking)
- Cheese & Potato Pierogies with horseradish sauce (for breakfast)
- Waffle with Ice Cream Sandwich center, kettle corn, whipped cream & sprinkles
- Siracha Cheese Funnel Cake Bites
- Sweet Martha’s Cookies (of course)
- Roasted Corn
- Mac & Cheese Bites (better the first day I had them)
- Cheese Curds (of course)
- Tipsy Pies (yummy by not very boozy)
- Sota Sandwich (almond butter & blueberry jam on toasted sourdough)
- Pretzel with Cheese Sauce
- Chocolate Malt
- Potato Cheese Crepe (this is YA’s hands’ down favorite every year)
- Mocktails (our favorite new food this year – over 4 days we tried 4 of them)
- Paneer Pakora (OK but could have been so much better)
- Cream Cheese Wontons (also could have been better)
- Mac & Cheese (absolutely could have been better)
I know this seems excessive, but remember it was over four days. And two of us. But while I love the fair, I don’t think my digestive system could handle too many more visits!
Any guilty favorites when you’re out and about?