A friend of mine recently re-located here and just moved into her new townhouse; she invited me to come down for a few days to visit. Although I have been to this state, I’ve never been to this city before, despite having sent a few groups here over the years. I’m looking forward to a few relaxing days of sightseeing and entertainment.
- The city is named after a Continental Army general during the American Revolutionary War.
- The person who first called the U.S. flag “Old Glory” lived here.
- The largest songwriter’s festival in the world is held here.
- There is a full-scale replica of the Greek Parthenon in this city.
- President Theodore Roosevelt coined the phrase “good to the last drop” here.
- This was the first city in the nation to be granted an FM-broadcasting license.
- The first seeing-eye dog training school in the U.S. was founded here.
Where am I? And if you know, what should I see while I’m here?