Renee’s blog over the weekend was a perfect segue for me; I headed down to Northfield at 6 a.m. this morning to pick strawberries. After I made some jam, I decided to make my favorite biscuits for Blevins. Here is that recipe:
She’s Angel Soft Biscuits
1½ c. flour
2 tsp. sugar
1½ tsp. salt
2½ tsp. baking powder
¾ c. half & half
¾ c. heavy cream
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir together until just mixed.
- Knead 10-12 times on a floured surface (this is wet, so be prepared).
- Roll out dough to about ½” thickness.
- Bake 10-12 minutes in 475°F oven on greased cookie sheet (or parchment covered cookie sheet).
- Optional: brush with melted butter immediately after taking biscuits out of the oven.
I served them with macerated strawberries and whipped cream – but you can served them with practically anything. These are YA’s favorites – I had to tell her to lay out so I had enough for book club!
What would you like to put on biscuits?