Photo credit: Jennifer Chen
A couple of month ago I had a doughnut ice cream sandwich for breakfast. It was PJ’s fault – she had announced the day before that it was going to be National Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. It was a sweet treat that was a bit too sweet even for me and has not been repeated.
Of course the very next day was Groundhog’s Day and just a couple weeks later, I saw some silly bit on the internet that February 17 was Random Acts of Kindness Day. I decided to do some checking and
- National Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (first Saturday in February)
- Seuss Day (also called National Read Across America Day) – March 2
- Pi Day – March 14
- Star Wars Day – May 4
- National Take Your Dog to Work Day – June 22
- National Hammock Day – July 22
- National Black Dog Day – October 1
- Bathtub Party Day – December 5
There is actually a National Day calendar online and from a quick glance, there is something to celebrate every single day of the year, even February 29. But there are plenty of things left to put on the calendar. I looked and didn’t see Dust Bunny Appreciation Day nor did I see a National Day of Reading in Bed. Sorely needed.
Any other days we need to celebrate?