Well, if there is no job to go to, no socializing to get on with, weather too cold for comfortable gardening, what’s left? Reading and cooking. Cooking it is!
My next-door neighbor, Rita, texted me last week to know if I needed any garlic. When I said I could always find a use for garlic, she said that was a good thing. She’d ordered garlic as part of her online grocery shopping and instead of one head of garlic, she got one POUND of garlic. I was thinking she would bring me one head, but she brought me THREE! Here’s the first thing I did:
Garlic & Cheese Roll Up Bread
1 container/portion of pre-made pizza dough
6 big cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 slices provolone cheese (or any cheese you have on hand)
2 Tbsp grated parmesan (optional)
- Chop or mince the garlic
- Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown
- Roll out the pizza dough – I rolled mine to about 12” x 8”
- Brush the garlic/butter/oil all over the dough
- Layout the cheese on top of the garlic
- Sprinkle with parmesan
Roll up! (I made little slits in mine and rubbed a bit of olive oil on it)
- Bake in 400 F degree oven for about 20 minutes (watch the bottom so it doesn’t burn).
Enjoy! (But take the photo before you and YA eat most of it!!!)
What would YOU do with extra garlic (or what is your favorite garlic dish?