I spent an hour or so at Urgent Care yesterday (not a big deal – just wanted to be reassured that my self care was OK and to get a tetanus booster.
While waiting I noticed a woman go in and out of the UC door a few times; she was wearing a Darth Vader smock. Long gone are the days when everybody is required to wear white! When it turned out that she was the nurse who was going to rewrap my hand and give me my shot, I was elated. I told her how much I like her smock and she told me about her other Leia smock. We traded our favorite quotes from Star Wars. Since she is a Darth fan, hers is “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” I like that one but I do gravitate to Yoda “ Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
On the way home I was thinking about this encounter (which was really the highlight of my day) and how many times I use quotes from my favorite movies.
- “On the side.” When Harry Met Sally
- “Badges? We don’t need no stinkin’ badges.” Treasure of the Sierra Madre
- “You know, assholes.” Blazing Saddles
- “Candygram for Mongo.” Blazing Saddles (You’d be surprised how often you can make this work.)
- “You overestimate both of us.” People Will Talk
- “Snap out of it.” Moonstruck
- “Be afraid. Be very afraid.” The Fly
- “There will be blood tonight.” Princess Bride
- “We are men of action. Lies do not become us.” Princess Bride (Note: I say this to myself. Not aloud.)
- “You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.” Princess Bride (Again, never said outloud. And I say it to myself with Mandy Patinkin’s accent.)
- “Now they’re practical.” Romancing the Stone
- “Not exactly firing on all thrusters.” Star Trek IV
- “Fun fun fun til her/your daddy takes the T-Bird away.” (yes, I know this a song not a movie, but, what the heck, it’s my blog post…..)
Any quotes from movies (or tv or book or songs) that you find yourself using in every life?