Even though I have a strict rule about cookbooks (if I buy one, I have to get rid of one), it doesn’t stop me from checking them out from the library. I love reading through cookbooks, seeing what different chefs/authors do, with new or old ingredients and techniques. It’s been a while since a cookbook has been tempting enough for me to want my own copy, but I usually find one or two recipes that I like.
I found a Naan Breakfast Pizza recipe recently that I thought would be fun to adapt to my kitchen. It turned out great. Here is how I made my version:
(this is for one, but you can certainly make more at one time)
½ naan bread (I’m only socializing w/ the dog these days so I used garlic naan)
1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
2 strips vegetarian bacon
2 tablespoons grated gruyere cheese
1 scallion, chopped
4-5 grape tomatoes (or any other kind of tomato you like, or have on hand), chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Grease a pan (or spray it).
- Spread the ricotta over the naan, making a slight “well” in the middle
- Crack the egg into the “well”
- Arrange the bacon around the egg
- Sprinkle the gruyere, scallion and tomatoes over the naan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Stick in a 400 F oven for about 10 minutes – until the egg is the way you like it.
Have you tried anything new lately?